March 4, 2013

1st Day!

 Today I began by getting a broad understanding of the process that the city goes through from acquiring the land to finalizing the plans to developing and building on that property. I also gained a better understanding of the different people in the process and the role they play in it. For today I investigated the master plan formulated in April of 2010 and began to look at the initial phases of the Cameron Sterk Property. This included the conservation easement and the environmental site assessments. One thing I found that I found interesting was approximately 20 cars and car remints were found during the Phase 1 Environmental Assessment to have been dumped near the river to reduce erosion. The Phase 2 Environmental Assessment reviled that there was minimal contamination and therefore should be left in place.
 
Tomorrow I am going to determine what the community wants from the Cameron/Sterk property.

No comments:

Post a Comment