March 18, 2013

Day Eleven

Today I started by looking over the notes I took last Friday while I had been walking around the property. I made sketches on maps and also took written notes about the topography of the land and obscurities of the property. As I was looking over these maps I was also thinking about how I was going to display my project. I had originally thought that a display board would have enough space to display the content but I am now thinking that a binder will be needed. I am going to organize it by steps and have my drafts and notes in it as well. After consulting my notes I began to make the necessary changes. These included moving the road and the River Trail closer to the train tracks, moving the trail head and adding another parking area. This parking area does not add more parking because the Sherman Parking is now devoted to parking trailers. One question that still exists is if an exit can be made in the Sherman Parking area. This exit is the only way to be able to park trailers in a simple fashion that accommodates inexperienced drivers. The extra parking area in tandem with a trail will give access to family’s going to the beach. This will reduce pedestrian traffic across the dirt road. Today I also walked the road again to get a better understanding of where I am going to put the trail head so that it is both functional and aesthetically pleasing.
Trailer Parking in Sherman Parking Lot

Beginnings of 2nd Draft
 

Tomorrow I am going to finish up my 2nd Draft and talk to Scott about it. After that I am going to start refining the written aspect of my project. My goal is to be finished with my project by Wednesday so that it can be proofread and I can make the minor revisions that are needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment