March 6, 2013

Day Three

Today I started by having a meeting with Kevin. We discussed questions I had regarding the location of the easement and how it could be used. The hatched markings on the map represent an area that has different restrictions on how it can be developed and used. Then Kevin described to me how sales tax was initiated by a need for a Recreation Center and the River Trail in 1999 and how another sales tax was passed in 2005. Then we talked about the how the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board and the Natural Lands Advisory Board influence the Cities decisions and direction. Also I learned that last night after a series of failed attempts an agreement was made on the name of what was formally known as the Sherman and Cameron/Sterk parcels, The Oxbow Park and Peserve. This encompasses 43.71 acres of land on both sides of the railroad tracks and the river.


Map Of Oxbow Park and Preserve
Tomorrow I am going to work on explaining one aspect of the process in detail and insuring that how I have organized my steps makes sense and is chronologically accurate.

No comments:

Post a Comment