March 8, 2013

Day Five, We are Making Progress


Today I finished the outline of the process the city goes through to develop a property. I worked on the outline until my meeting with Kevin at 11:30 where we discussed what I had so far. Kevin helped by adding little bits of information here and there that I had missed and insured that what I had was accurate. He also gave me the 2001 Master Plan to look through to help me distinguish how the property came to be of interest to the City of Durango. After the meeting I went back to my work space and synthesized what we had talked about into words and put that into my outline. I then took a break from the outline and started doing some very basic sketches of what I think my conceptual design will look like. As you can see it’s a little disorganized but I started exploring the GIS technology and this will make my design much clearer.


At this point I only have the boundaries of the Sherman Parcel and the Oxbow Park and Preserve but on Monday I am going to start adding some of the basic pieces like the Roads and the Railroad tracks and possibly parking lot on the Sherman Parcel.

These designs are not final and do not reflect views of the City of Durango.

No comments:

Post a Comment