March 11, 2013

Day Six, Week Two

Today I started at home working on my conceptual design using the GIS software. I made some minor changes to the Oxbow Park and Preserve boundaries and added a natural surface trail system. After I arrived to the office I began to look at my original sketch and realised that the River Trail didn’t flow very well, there were too many sharp turns. To remedy this I made it cross the dirt road farther north. Another issue I ran into was how to get pedestrians and others to the River Trail from Animas View Drive. One idea was that there could be an extension that passed through the Sherman Property but this would cut off half of the parking because cars couldn’t cross the trail. Another option would be to have the River trail follow the perimeter of the Sherman property. This would allow for more parking but would create poor flow on the River Trail.

New Property Boundaries



Natural Surface Trail












I am going to be attending a Natural Lands Preservation Advisory Board Meeting at the Library tonight. For tomorrow I am going to focus on the River Trail and how it will pass through these two properties.

These designs are not final and do not reflect views of the City of Durango.

No comments:

Post a Comment