March 15, 2013

Day Ten, Week Two Down

Today I started off by walking around the property and taking notes. I began by looking at the Sherman property and trying to visualize how trucks with trailers would be able to park and exit the property. I decided that if this were to happen another exit would need to be developed so I am going to discuss this with Scott the next time I meet with him. I then walked down the dirt road and took notes about the gradient and slope of the land. Some earth work is necessary to fit the 16 foot wide road and the River Trail and I am also going to talk about that with Scott. I then continued to walk down the dirt road and found that it forked just after the Oxbow Homes ends. The straight path will continue to be the River Trail while the turn heading to the beach will be the dirt road. I then noted the angle of the bank of the river decided where the put in should be located. The slope becomes less severe the farther west you go on the beach and I decided that a concrete put in would not be necessary. The water is also calmer around the point of the beach so this would make this area more appealing for a put in. After this I looked over my design and made some changes on paper but have not applied them to my 1st draft. I am also wrestling with the idea of branching the natural surface trail off on the River Trail to maintain the forestry in the narrowest part of the property.


This is a map the shows where water can advance to. This area should not be developed for fear of erosion.
In  this draft there are multiple developments that pass through this area so they will have to be moved above that area.
On Monday I am going to finish up my 2nd draft of my design and talk to Scott about it. Once I receive my final round of feedback I will edit my design accordingly and then have Scott review it one last time, later in the week, to check to insure distances and measurements are correct. After that I am going to focus on the written aspect of my project and have Kevin insure its accuracy.

No comments:

Post a Comment