March 19, 2013

Day Twelve

Today I began by refining my 2nd draft. I had to replicate each aspect (the road, river trail, parking) multiple times in order to get the map to represent my vision for the property. I also added individual parking stalls. Each regular car stall is 9 feet wide and 18 feet long however the larger stalls intended for trailers are 18 feet wide and 60 feet long. There is the possibility, if everyone cooperated, to fit 5 trailers in the Sherman parking area and between 12 and 13 cars in the regular parking areas. I also added a buffer between the Sherman Parking and the Animas View drive road, Oxbow Residences and the train tracks. After I was done with other smaller refinements I met with Scott to review my 2nd draft. During the meeting we talked about the final issues that I had with my design. We talked about adding a natural surface trail from the parking lot farthest south to the beach, the width of trails and roads, buffer zones and most importantly the trailer parking in the Sherman Parcel. In my 2nd draft the stalls are at an angle to help inexperienced drivers with parking but this formation required a second exit and that was not ideal. If the stalls are parallel to the entrance drive then drivers can enter, park, pull forward, turn and pull out of the same entrance drive. The only restriction is that this design requires more space so it will need more landscaping but it would be less than creating a new exit.

2nd Draft Parking
Final Draft Parking and added Trail
Tomorrow I am going to add the last finishing touches to my conceptual design and then begin work on the binder idea. I am still going to use the poster board as a display but the majority of my process and the content that I have created will be in the binder.

No comments:

Post a Comment